Spread the love

Residents of Katariga Yepala in the Sagnarigu Municipality of the Northern Region started the week on a very sad note when a 5 bedroom house with ancillary properties went up in flames Monday morning.

The incident happened at about 7am on January 10, 2022 leaving the entire house crushing to the ground destroying virtually everything in it.

There were however no ocupants at the time of the fire as the only ocupant at the time was taking a shower only to return to his room to find flames bellowing from his ceiling, dropping onto his bed.

According to the victim, Mutawakil Braimah, who is currently receiving treatment at the Marshall Medical Center at Katariga, he attempted taking out his motor bike immediately which also caught fire in the process and the smoke knocked him unconscious.

He was then rushed to the hospital as residents made efforts to bring the fire under control while calling the Ghana National Fire Service.

Speaking to Radio Justice’s Mohammed Mutaru Alhassan after the fire, the Acting Northern Regional Operations Officer of the Ghana National Fire Service, DO III Tisong Charles said having received the distress call, a team was dispatched to the scene but upon reaching there, the fire was already out of control and they had to call for re-enforcement.

He urged residents to limit the amount of combustible materials they keep in their rooms as that was the reason for the rapid spread of the fire.

Story: Mohammed Mutaru Alhassan | Justicefmonline |Tamale

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here